IMSA GUN DRILL AND MILLING MACHINE
FOR MIDDLE-SIZE MOLDS AND BLOCKS
- The IMSA gun drilling and milling machine MF1250/2FL is suitable for molds/blocks up to 6 tons. A workpiece having a diameter as large as 1900mm maximum can rotate inside the machine structure.
- MF1250/2FL can execute elaborate mold waterlines with compound angle drilling and machining, thanks to the combination of table rotation 360° (0,001°) and tilting movement ±22,5 deg. (0,001°)
- DEEP HOLE DRILLING: Drilling depth in single operation: 1250 mm. Drilling method: gun drill. Optimal drilling diameter range: Ø 4-25 mm, up to 32 mm counterboring or in short-chipping materials. Deep drilling spindle, power 11 kW, 6000 rpm, liquid-cooled.
- Specific IMSA functions for deep drilling process control:
– Electronic workpiece approach
– Electronic check against gundrill-breaking, by reading the cutting effort
– Special coordinate transformation function for angled machining.
- Temperature, pressure and coolant cleanliness are fundamental parameters to ensure continuous trouble-free gun drilling operations.
For this reason the MF1250/2FL is equipped with the best solutions that can automatically manage those three parameters to the most suitable value:
– for oil supply to the gun drill: two different high-pressure pumps;
– for oil clarification: a complete filtering system integrated into the machine enclosure;
– for oil cooling: a heat exchanger (chiller). The chiller is on a parallel oil circuit, and can be flexibly positioned around the machine.
- Chip conveyor as standard equipment.
- AUXILIARY MILLING HEAD with separate spindle, ISO40, power 13 kW, 6000 rpm, liquid-cooled. The milling head is positioned on the headstock, on top of the drilling slide, and is optimized for machining operations that prepare and complete the deep holes, such as spot facing, spade drilling, rigid tapping or thread milling. No intervention required for switchover gundrilling/milling and back.
- Automatic tool changer for milling head.
- MF1250/2FL has a vertical gantry structure, resulting in better rigidity: bending moment 4 times lower than in low-supported column structure, 16 times higher rigidity. The gantry column ensures the best performances all along the Y axis travel.
- The movable-column concept, compared with traditional movable-table structures, only occupies a compact area in the workshop while offering a wide horizontal machining travel.
- This machine is conceived with a “shell-like” structure. That is, the MF1250/2FL self-supporting structure integrates table and gantry column, and requires no foundations.
- A modern coverage encloses the whole machine, so that oil is contained inside the machine and cleanliness of the workshop area is ensured. The frontal door* ensures spacious access for workpiece loading with hall crane or fork lift. Floor panel included in standard machine configuration.
* Remark: The latest shutter-style aluminum oil-proof front door is more resistant and long-lasting in respect of the previous design with Lexan sheet.