“Gun Drilling and Milling in Sinergy”
COMBINED DEEP HOLE DRILLING AND MILLING MACHINE
- The MF1450 EVO top-performing Gundrill is IMSA’s latest concept evolution of the BB-Series. With the name MF1450BB it was in 2014 the first gundrill of our EVO Series.
- MF1450 EVO is suitable for molds up to 12 tonnes. A workpiece of diameter 2750mm max can rotate inside the machine structure. 1200x1500mm table, infinite-position rotation movement, 500mm translation movement in approach to headstock.
- Orthogonal (3-axes), with single angle (4-axes) and compound-angle drilling (5-axes machining) thanks to table rotation and headstock inclination.
- Deep drilling up to 1450 mm in a single cycle in diameters from 5 to 40 mm solid.
- “EVO” Series: the well-known drilling performances of our BB-Series are here improved: MF1450 EVO’s gun drilling spindle has a power of 11 kW, 4.200 rpm and is liquid-cooled.
- Milling for processing preparation and completion of holes (reaming, pocket-milling, threading, etc.), with horizontal milling stroke of 1,050 mm obtained by combining the ram stroke (axis W 600mm) and the stroke of the milling shaft (axis Z 450mm).
- “EVO” Series: MF1450 EVO is equipped with a ISO50 liquid-cooled milling head with 29 kW power and 6.000 rpm, for a maximum torque of 200 Nm. As a consequence, this machine offers strongly increased performance and flexibility for auxiliary machining.
- No intervention required for switchover gun drilling/milling and back.
- In addition to a heavy-duty milling spindle for auxiliary operations, the technological value of the MF1450 EVO Gundrill is increased by the new translation movement of the table, that facilitates 4-size machining of the mold.
- Vertical gantry structure, resulting in better rigidity: bending moment 4 times lower than in low-supported column structure, 16 times higher rigidity. The gantry column ensures the best performances all along the Y axis travel.
- NEW in 2018-2019: Flex aluminum oil-proof front door. This new front door is more resistant and long-lasting in respect of the previous design with Lexan sheet.