GUN DRILL TOOL
Cnc Deep Hole Drilling Machine to drill on-center holes in cylindrical parts. Two drilling heads on one single drilling carriage.
- The IMSA deep hole drilling machines MFT 750 /2T CR and MFT 1500 /2T CR are dedicated to cylindrical workpieces that have to be drilled on their rotation axis. Hole diameter range 6 – 24 mm. Drilling depth 750 or 1500mm respectively.
- “2T”: 2 drilling heads on one single carriage, to drill 2 identical workpieces in each cycle. This machine is specially designed in order to manage high-volume production. A pre-settable connection for the gun drills enable the compensation of slight differences in gun drill tool length.
- Deep drilling method: gun drill tool. Drilling spindle: 12,0 kW, 4.000 rpm.
- The workpiece is in counter-rotation in respect to the gun drill, in order to obtain the maximal drill straightness and process speed. Counter-rotation 150 rpm. The 2 independent counter-rotating contrast heads compensate slight differences in workpiece length.
- Specific IMSA functions to control the deep drilling process:
– Electronic check of cutting parameters,
– Double electronic check against gundrill-breaking, by reading the cutting effort.
- Temperature, pressure and oil cleanliness are fundamental parameters to ensure continuous trouble-free gundrilling operations. The IMSA deep hole drilling machines MFT 750 /2T CR and MFT 1500 /2T CR are equipped with the best solutions that automatically manage these three parameters to the most suitable value:
– high-pressure pump, continuously managing pressure and flow, 1 for each spindle;
– for oil clarification: a complete 3-level filtering system;
– for oil cooling: a heat exchanger (chiller).
- Chip conveyor as standard equipment.
- Workpiece automatic loader,
- Digital pressure measurement.