GUN DRILL TOOL
Cnc Deep Hole Drilling Machine for cylindrical parts, on-center holes
- The IMSA deep hole drilling machines MFT 1000 /43 CR and MFT 1500 /43 CR are dedicated to cylindrical workpieces that have to be drilled on their rotation axis. Hole diameter range 8 – 43 mm. Some application examples: gear shafts, aerospace industry, flanges for industrial applications, deep drilling job shops.
- Drilling depth: max. 1.000 mm for the model MFT 1000 /43 CR; max. 1.500 mm for the MFT 1500 /43 CR.
- Deep drilling method: gun drill tool. Drilling spindle: 17 kW, 4.200 rpm.
- The workpiece is in counter-rotation in respect to the gun drill, in order to obtain the maximal drill straightness and process speed. Counter-rotation 80 rpm.
- Specific IMSA functions to control the deep drilling process:
– Electronic check of cutting parameters,
– Double electronic check against gun drill-breaking, by reading the cutting effort.
- Temperature, pressure and oil cleanliness are fundamental parameters to ensure continuous trouble-free gundrilling operations. The deep hole drilling machines of IMSA MFT Series are equipped with the best solutions that automatically manage these three parameters to the most suitable value:
– for oil supply to the gundrill: two different high-pressure pumps;
– for oil clarification: a complete 3-level filtering system;
– for oil cooling: a heat exchanger (chiller).
- Workpiece automatic loader,
- Automatic door opening.