GUN DRILL TOOL AND BTA/STS TOOL
Cnc Deep Hole Drilling Machine for cylindrical parts, on-center holes
- The deep hole drilling machines of the IMSA Series MFTB are dedicated to cylindrical workpieces that have to be drilled on their rotation axis.
- Deep drilling method: in the intermediate diameter range between the Gun Drilling and the BTA Drilling, we propose a Double-Setup flexible solution we called IMSA “GDK” System. Our machines of the GDK Series work with 2 different deep drilling methods: BTA tool and Gun Drill tool. This enables you to better take advantage of both tool types.
- Drilling depth in single operation:
- MFTB 1000 /51 GDK: 1000 mm
- MFTB 1500 /51 GDK: 1500 mm
- MFTB 2000 /51 GDK: 2000 mm
- Hole diameter range 6 – 65 mm:
- with gundrill tools, solid: 6 – 25 mm
- with BTA tools, solid: 18 – 51 mm
- drill tube: 51 mm
- drilling dia. in counter boring: 65 mm
- The workpiece is in counter-rotation in respect to the gun drill, in order to obtain the maximal drill straightness and process speed.
- Specific IMSA functions to control the deep drilling process:
– Electronic check of cutting parameters,
– Double electronic check against gundrill-breaking, by reading the cutting effort.
- Temperature, pressure and oil cleanliness are fundamental parameters to ensure continuous trouble-free gun drilling operations. The IMSA MFTB …/51 GDK deep hole drilling machines are equipped with the best solutions that automatically manage these three parameters to the most suitable value:
– high-pressure pumps with inverter;
– for oil clarification: a complete 3-level filtering system;
– for oil cooling: a heat exchanger.
- Automatic door opening at workpiece side,
- Workpiece loader,
- Automatic chip cleaner.