GUN DRILL TOOL
Cnc Deep Hole Drilling Machine for cylindrical parts, on-center holes
- The deep hole drilling machine IMSA MFT 750/6 CR is dedicated to workpieces up to 750mm, that have to be drilled on their rotation axis for diameters from 1,5 to 6 mm. A typical application is the medical industry.
- Deep drilling method: gun drill tool. Drilling depth in single operation: max. 120 mm from dia. 1,5 to 3 mm (40-50 times the diameter); max. depth 750 mm (160 times the diameter) from dia. 3 to 6 mm. Drilling spindle 5,8 kW, 15.000 rpm, liquid-cooled.
- The workpiece is in counter-rotation in respect to the gun drill, in order to obtain the maximal drill straightness and process speed. Counter-rotation 150 rpm.
- Specific IMSA functions to control the deep hole drilling process:
– Electronic check of cutting parameters
– Double electronic check against gundrill-breaking, by reading the cutting effort.
- Temperature, pressure and oil cleanliness are fundamental parameters to ensure continuous trouble-free gun drilling operations. MFT 750/6 CR is equipped with the best solutions that automatically manage these three parameters to the most suitable value:
– for oil supply to the gundrill: two different high-pressure pumps;
– for oil clarification: a complete two-level filtering system;
– for oil cooling: a heat exchanger (chiller).
- Workpiece automatic loader,
- Controlled CR head movement,
- Automatic door opening,
- Automatic chip conveyor,
- Steadyrest for workpiece support,
- Digital pressure measurement.