GUN DRILLING AND MILLING MACHINE
FOR MOLDS UP TO 20 TONNES
- The Gun Drilling and Milling Machine IMSA MF1600S has been designed to respond to the needs of manufacturers of tool and dies up to 20 tons in the mold making industry. MF1600S has a heavy built electrowelded structure that weighs as high as 38 ton. The machine concept is a T-shape: translating table and transversal movable column.
- A mold having a diameter as large as 3600mm can rotate inside the machine structure. The table has a traversing movement (X axis) of 3000mm and a rotation movement (B axis) infinite position.
- Orthogonal drilling (3-axes), with single angle (4-axes) and compound-angle drilling (5-axes machining) thanks to 360° table rotation and 30°-15° headstock inclination.
- Drilling depth in single operation: 1600 mm. Optimal drilling diameter range: 5-32 (40) mm solid.
- 4-Side Machining: the MF1600S has a long transversal movement and its table combines high loading capacity and smaller size. These features strongly facilitate 4-side machining with one workpiece setup.
- The 17 kW, 4.500 rpm ISO 50 spindle is both used for gun drilling and machining operations thanks to the exclusive “Swing on Top IMSA System“.
- Specific IMSA functions for deep drilling process control:
– Electronic work piece approach;
– Electronic check against gun drill breaking, by spindle load monitoring;
– Special coordinate transformation function for angled machining.
- The gundrill unit features as many as 6 key alignment points that minimize drill run out. Unlike the machines where the chip box and steadyrests are removable, IMSA accurately aligns these elements to the headstock structure during the machine assembling stage. The result is a rigidity that enables you to drill in average 6-8 times longer in comparison to gun drill machines where the chip box and steadyrests are removable.
- Temperature, pressure and oil cleanliness are fundamental parameters to ensure continuous trouble-free gun drilling process. For this reason the MF1600S is equipped with the best solutions that can automatically manage these parameters to the most suitable value:
– for oil supply to the gundrill: two different pumps for high and low pressure;
– for oil clarification: an automatic complete filtering system;
– for oil cooling: a heat exchanger (chiller).
- Milling operations such as spot-facing, twistdrill boring, tapping.
Thanks to the “Swing on Top IMSA System” the whole drilling unit is rotated upwards, setting the ISO50 spindle free for milling operations. The MF1600S features a fully-evolved SWING ON TOP system. No machine part has to be removed/added and moreover in MF1600S the switchover is completely automatic. The commutation takes 120 seconds, is programmed by M function and doesn’t require human intervention.
- Floor pans and machine total enclosure are included in the standard machine configuration.
- Chip conveyor as standard equipment.